The curriculum of sculpture was founded in 1952. As a post-secondary program, the curriculum has been developed by heads of the department Mati Karmin, Jaan Luik and Anne Rudanovski.
The aim of the Department of Sculpture is to maintain the quality of instruction in sculpture and to ensure the production of internationally competitive sculpture artists in Estonia. Graduates of
the department are independently thinking artists, shaping our visual environment and capable of quickly synthesising rapidly changing technology into new sculptural art.
The curriculum includes both traditional fields of sculpture education (history of sculpture, object and environment, installation, traditional techniques and modelling, public space projects, practical
sculptural forms, theory of form), as well as experimental practises, combining digitally generated form creation with manual skills. The parallel use of different media requires competence in
different space and form-related software and enables the students to attain a level of competence required by the contemporary world.
Faculty of the department are: Mati Karmin, Tõnis Paberit, Anne Rudanovski, Lauri Tamm, Jevgeni Zolotko, Rauno Thomas Moss, Jass Kaselaan, Kaire Nurk, Ain Ilves, Eike Eplik, Bruno Kadak, Maria
Head of Department